Camp Sonlight Information
- A one-week Christian Youth Camp
- August 13 - 18, 2018
- Camp Takumta, South Hero, VT
- $210 per camper if registration is received by June 1; $225 if received by July 1; $250 if received after July 1st.
- $25 deposit is needed upon registration
- All meals are included in the price of camp. Those on special diets must bring their own necessary supplements that are prepared or can be prepared in a microwave.
- Boys and Girls ages 9 years old or going into 4th grade through teens up through 12th grade (age divided camps)
- Bible Lessons • Chapel and Music • Snack Shop • Games and Sports • Swimming • Riflery • Archery • Crafts
- Registration begins at 10:00 am on Monday, August 13
- Camp ends at 8:00 am after breakfast on Saturday, August 18
What To Bring?
- Bible, blankets or sleeping bag, jacket, toiletries, towels, money for snacks and crafts
BOYS DRESS: Long pants and collared shirts are required for the evening service. T-shirts and shorts to the knee may be worn at other times. No tank tops.
GIRLS DRESS: Please bring knee-length skirts or dresses for evening services. No low necklines (front or back) or spaghetti straps or tank tops are allowed. Bring loose-fitting shirts, jeans, or knee- length shorts for activities.
Any camper wearing unacceptable clothing may be asked to change their outfits
by camp staff or counselors.
What Not To Bring?
Alcohol, drugs or cigarettes of any kind, fireworks, ammunition, guns, weapons,
clothing with inappropriate graphics, any kind of electronic device, including cell phones.
CAMP SONLIGHT MENU
(Subject to change)
Lunch: Corn dogs /Mini Delight Popcorn/Scooby Doo Graham Sticks
Supper: Hamburgers/ French Fries/ Peach Cobbler
Breakfast: Blueberry Pancakes/Apple Juice/ Milk/Cereal
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Jelly/ Potato Chips/Fruit Cocktail Cup
Supper: Spaghetti/ Veggies & Dip/ Garlic Bread/Vanilla Pudding
Breakfast: Cranberry Muffins/Scrambled Eggs/ Orange/ Juice/ Milk Cereal
Lunch: Turkey Salad Sandwiches/ Tomato Soup/Veggies & Dips/ Ice Cream
Supper: Shepherd’s Pie/ Green Beans/ Cake
Breakfast: French toast/ Apple Juice/Milk/Cereal
Lunch: Ham & Cheese Sandwich/ Chicken Noodle Soup/ Sugar Wafer Cookies
Supper: Turkey & Biscuits/Mashed Potatoes/Cranberry Sauce/ Brownies
Breakfast: Hot Oatmeal with toppings/Juice/ Milk/Cereal
Lunch: Hot Dogs/ Veggies & Dip/ Ruffled Chips/Rice Crispy Squares
Supper: Pizza/Oreo Handisnacks
Breakfast: Cold Cereal/ Breakfast Muffins/ Apple Juice Bottles/Milk
Camp Sonlight Schedule
7:00 - Rise, Rinse, Revive!
7:30 - 7:45 - Flag Raising, Pledges, Devotion
7:45 - 8:15 - BREAKFAST
8:15 - 8:40 - Bible Memory and Devotions
8:40 - 9:00 - Cabin Clean up
9:00 - 9:30 - Director’s Delirium
9:00 - 9:50 - Counselor Prayer Time – Lodge
9:30 - 9:50 - Choir Practice & Snack Shop Break
10:00 - 11:30 - Breakout Sessions & Chapel
10:00 – 10:25 - Skits, Announcements, Ice Breakers
10:25 - 10:55 Lesson
10:55 - 11:25 Small Group Discussion/Application
10:00 - 10:45 - Breakout Sessions
10:45 - 11:30 Chapel
11:30 - 11:45 - Change for Sports
11:45 - 12:15 - LUNCH
12:15 - 2:00 - Organized Games & Sports
2:00 - 3:30 - Activity Time (Snack Shop Open)
A. Girls: - Swim Time
B. Boys: - Riflery, Archery, Crafts, etc.
3:30 - 5:00 - Activity Time (Snack Shop Open until 4:30)
A. Boys: - Swim Time
B. Girls: - Riflery, Archery, Crafts, etc.
5:00 - 5:30 - Dress for Chapel
5:30 - 6:15 - SUPPER
6:15 - 6:30 - Prepare for Chapel
6:30 - 8:00 - Chapel
6:30 - 7:00 - True Story, “To BE Continued” Series
7:00 - 7:30 - Chapel/Lesson
7:30 - 8:00 - Snack Shop
6:30 - 8:00 - Chapel
8:00 - 9:00 - Free Time for Food and Friends
9:00 - 10:30 - Late Night Activities & Lights Out
9:00 - 9:30 - To Cabins & Ready for Devotions
9:30 - 9:45 - Devotions in Cabins
9:45 - Lights Out
9:00 - 10:00
Mon. - Movie;
Tues. - Organized Game;
Wed. - TBA
Thur. - Rest;
Fri. - Annual Bonfire
10:00 - 10:30 - Devotions & Ready for Bed
10:30 - Lights Out